Architectural Granite and Marble
Warehouse Lead - Austin, TX
The primary responsibility of Warehouse Lead is to manage and lead the warehouse staff with safe slab movements for customer selections and needs. Secondly, the warehouse lead would be responsible for loading and unloading slabs and help maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, Pental Surfaces, Cosmic Stone Tile Distributors and Bedrock International has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in twenty plus locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
• Educate and monitor warehouse staff regarding safe working practices.
• Work with the Operations Lead/Manager to ensure safe working environment within the warehouse space.
• Monitor warehouse activity to maintain processes are being followed for material handling and inventory control.
• Conduct quarterly inventory cycle counts for all warehouse items.
• Assist customers as needed in viewing materials in the warehouse.
• Ensure that all incoming shipments are properly inspected, counted and received.
• Unload incoming trucks and containers of products.
• Load delivery vehicle(s) as needed.
• Load customer trucks as needed.
• Lead OSHA compliant safety initiatives.
• Educate & monitor warehouse staff regarding customer service expectations.
• Maintain highest level of organization & cleanliness in the warehouse.
• Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work and lead independently.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and the ability to track multiple task at the same time.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels, in support of our customer relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment.
- Experience in a leadership role with oversight of multiple employees.
- Forklift experience.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401k, 8 paid holidays, personal days, vacation and sick time
- Opportunities for advancement