Warehouse & Yard Associate
This position with Architectural Granite & Marble is responsible for performance of all warehouse/yard operation functions, including but not limited to material handling, receiving, shipping, cleaning, and customer service.
Architectural Surfaces Group (ASG), parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, and Pental Surfaces has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in over twenty locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- Safely operate forklift and crane in outside yard and warehouse
- Unloading containers using crane and chainsaw in the outside yard
- Operate forklifts and hoists as needed following all standard safety operating policies and using all required PPE
- Communicate with co-workers to ensure safety and to establish a consistent level of teamwork.
- Follow and adhere to all Company safety policies and standard operating procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including cutting excess wood from yard and place in dumpsters.
- Safely move and secure bundles in warehouse and yard.
- Stage material for both customer viewing and to load trucks
- Load and unload material onto trucks safely and accurately
- Secure metal a-frames onto flatbeds for loading material
- Secure all slabs on trucks using safety straps, and chains.
- Inspect, count, and verify all materials/products received against paperwork documentation prior to unloading trucks/containers. Note any discrepancies on paperwork.
- Accurately process incoming orders.
- Sign off on all orders and obtain cross-check with co-workers/supervisor
- Tag and identify material as and when needed.
- Responsible for quality control. Inspect material when loading trucks to ensure customer satisfaction and to also ensure container material to be in satisfactory condition when unloading containers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a good attitude and work together with others.
- Hardworking and dedicated.
- Ability to follow written and verbal/non-verbal instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some Saturdays
- Ability to use and/or learn proper forklift operation.
- Ability to use and/or learn proper chainsaw operation
- Ability to use and/or learn proper crane operation
- Ability to read and understand order forms and serial numbers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience preferred but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes, both indoors and outdoors.